You have decided on a date and booked the venue. Now, your next step is to invite your guests to your big day. It’s time to plan your invitations and wedding stationery and to get creative. Wedding invitations and stationery form a very important part of your wedding day. It also sets the tone for the occasion in the run up to your big day. It compliments your wedding décor; therefore careful consideration should be given to the design and theme of your stationery.
Wedding stationery includes invitations, save the dates, ceremony programmes, table seating charts, menus, table numbers, favour ideas, name tags and thank you cards.
Follow these pointers:
- If you don’t have a clear idea of your wedding stationery, you can page through wedding books, magazines and search the web to look for colours, flowers and décor that inspire you. Bring along these clippings or pictures of stationery that you like. This will enable the designer to get a feel for your wedding style as well as your colour scheme. To make sure you get the precise shade of your colour, it is helpful to bring along a swatch of fabric of the bridesmaids dresses.
- Decide on the basic wording and all the information you want included in the invitation: your parent’s names, directions and map to your venue, accommodation suggestions, gift registry etc.
- Take your wedding style and theme into consideration (antique, formal, rustic, vintage, DIY, classic, playful etc.). Determine what colours you would like to incorporate into your wedding. Make sure that your stationery complements the venue’s look and feel.
- Determine how many invites you need as most stationers prices are quantity sensitive. Also discuss any other stationery you might need on the wedding day itself, such as runners, menus, gift packaging, etc.
- When do you need the invitations by? Plan well in advance and take into consideration the time and venue of the wedding. Do people need to make travel arrangements? Keep in mind that your designer needs a certain time frame to complete your order.
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to stationery design. Whether you like laser cut table numbers or something plain and elegant, your stationery designer will help you bring your ideas to life. Anything is possible.
Compiled by Black Coco Design and Lezanne’s Designs
Wedding Invitation and Stationery Designers Cape Town:
Wedding Invitation and Stationery Designers Gauteng:
Wedding Invitation and Stationery Designers KZN: